Saturday 28 February 2015

WHEN A RIDE COMES OUT OF THE BLUE

I was sitting at home working on some cycling maps when the phone rang and a friend asked if I would like to go for a ride along a new route he had discovered in the area where we both lived. As a cycling blogger, I am always hungry for new and adventurous routes so I eagerly accepted and I was pleased that I did.




For an embedded map of the ride please open the following link:   http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7084361

This new route covered old ground but in a new way and as our riding group's name is The Pedaling Pathfinders and our charter is to find new cycling paths, trails, etc. to ride, this new ride fitted in well.

The ride took us through the suburbs of  Ormiston, Alexandra Hills, Thornlands, Cleveland Point and Raby Bay.


A small representation of the beautiful flora found in the Redlands, Qld.

We covered the 48 km  at a respectable average speed of 19.4 k per hour which I thought was reasonable on hybrids riding predominantly on off road paths and dirt tracks.

On arrival back at my place we cracked a cold bottle of home brew whilst producing the above map courtesy of Ride with GPS.  ridewithgps.com/

What a nice surprise and one, totally out of the blue.


LIST OF CYCLING MAPS WITH JIMMY BEE:  http://jimmyb9.blogspot.com.au/

Cheers and safe riding,

Jimmy Bee

            


No comments:

Post a Comment