Thursday 20 September 2012

CYCLING and SWELL SCULPTURES




WOW- Perfect Palindrome for a Memorable Moment...Artist: Midge Johansen, Queensland, Australia.



How fortunate was I, to be holidaying at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast at the same time as the 10th annual Swell Sculpture Festival was being held at Currumbin Beach. Even more of a co-incidence was that my wife and I happened to be cycling in the area and was able to view the entire exhibition whilst it was still fresh. I was so impressed I decided to share some of the photographs I took with you.
 
 



Mosquito - Artist: Ibrahim Koch, Turkey



Love Cats...Artist: Erica Gray, Queensland, Australia



The Last Wave...Steve Bristoe, Queensland, Australia.



The festival, displaying 50 sculptures from both local and overseas artists, is being held for 10 days from 14-23 September, 2012. For further information hit the following link www.swellsculpture.com.au/
 

Remember When We Used to go to the Beach....Jak Henson, Queensland, Australia.



Fetch....The Winged Collective - Artist: Falcini & Gottgens, Victoria, Australia



Macro....Artist: Ivan Lovatt, Queensland, Australia


I have seen some wonderful exhibitions in different parts of the world from time to time but this is the first time that I have been able to combine my love of cycling with an outside exhibition on a beautiful beach.


Jack Brown - Artist: Deborah Redwood, New South Wales, Australia




Suspected Illegal Entry Vessel SIEV- Erika Mayer, New South Wales, Australia


The diversity of talent that artists continually display in exhibitions everywhere never ceases to amaze me. The power and complexity of the  brain that inspires these beautiful creations just leaves me in awe.

A Peaceful Moment-Dion Parker, Queensland, Australia



Obsession: Artist: John Fitzmaurice


Uprooted ll & Uprooted IV- Jacques Van der Merwe, Queensland, Australia

I'll leave you with these couple of quotes from world famous artists.

"The world of reality has it's limits, the world of imagination is boundless"......Jean-Jacques Rousseau

"No amount of skillful invention can replace the essential elements of imagination"......Edward Hopper


Cheers and safe riding


Jimmy Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment