Tuesday 11 December 2012

PHOTOGRAPHY AS AN ART FORM

Photography is a composite of Art, Craft and Science. More so now than ever before due to the introduction of digital photography.

The only claim I make in relation to my photography is that I do it  to the best of my ability and I enjoy it immensely. In the main, the form of photography I take these days is in using photographs to enhance my articles but I also have another side, probably my artistic side and that is the use of the medium of photography to depict and at times boost natural patterns which are all around us.

In the past year, you have sampled the photographs I have taken to enhance the posts in my blog. To-day I am going to depict some examples of turning an image of a natural pattern into a piece of art. Not only is it a piece of art but like a fingerprint, it is an original and it would be highly unusual for the exact image to be replicated without copying the photograph.


























When cycling, I am constantly on the lookout for the unusual and indeed the bizarre and over time I have developed this sense to see natural patterns in many forms and because it is a moment in time I consider this art form to be unique.
 
As with all art some may love it others may hate it. I've heard many people say "I know nothing about art, but I know what I like"


Cheers and safe riding,


Jimmy Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment